This is a small grassroots event organised by a group of friends for the local community - visibility is so important!
The main event will be held on Saturday 13th August at Cuckoo in Prestwich. There will be ‘Pride story time’ along with arts & crafts and face painting for children. Local DJs will provide the soundtrack for the day - spinning a selection of Pride classics! This will culminate in the ‘Take Me To Church’ DJs closing the day.
Also, Miss Blair will also be singing some classics as well as schmoozing the crowds!
Cuckoo has created a special Pride cocktail for the event and will be donating to the cause for the whole of August.
On Monday 15th August, there will be a film screening ‘supper club’ event at Cuckoo in the evening. The film will be introduced by a speaker from George House Trust.
We are also hosting a raffle (we have already had numerous wonderful prizes donated by local businesses).
We have chosen George House Trust to be the beneficiary of the first Prestwich Pride.
They are delighted to announce that they are are hosting a raffle with prizes supplied by local businesses, with ALL proceeds going to @georgehousetrust
Tickets are £5 each
To purchase a ticket, please visit the JustGiving link in bio - make a donation in increments of £5 - please state ‘Raffle, first name, number of tickets’.
Please email confirmation to email@example.com (include your phone number / Instagram username so that we can contact you easily).
Your raffle ticket number/s will then be emailed to you.
The raffle will be drawn on Monday 15th August.
- Photography print by @michaelmayren (founder of @brother.models)
- Art print by @hardacre.sarah
- Photo shoot with @wambamphotography
- Art print by @hannahangela84
- Aesthetics appointment with @dr.s_clinic
- Two hour hair appointment with @rsbraidsmanchester
- Haircut by @im_a_barber_gurl
- Aesthetics appointment with @jessicarose.beautyandskin
- Pamper session with @_ems_place_mb
- Voucher for @moonbeamcoffeehouse
- A bottle of @prestwich_gin
- Champagne afternoon tea @vincimcr
- Treatbox from @charliebakes_
- Meal for two @nonnasprestwich
- Mini hamper from @cheshirequality
- Two pizzas and a bottle of wine or two cocktails from @cuckoo_prestwich
- Pride coloured dried flower bouquet from @roseandleeinteriors
- One-to-one floristry session and a bouquet to take home from @robie_flowers
- Fruit & vegetable box from @villagegreens
- £25 voucher for @panama.hattys.prestwich
- 3 Canal St Card each worth £20 lasting 12 months and with 150 places to save inc 15 venues in the Gay Village Mcr.
We are so thankful for all of these wonderful prizes that have been so kindly donated. More details to follow regarding each prize.
The Prestwich Pride committee