30 Queer authors sought
Mainstream welcome writers who are BAME, LGBTQ+, working class and are particularly interested in hearing from mature emerging writers and those with health conditions or impairments. We're looking for writers who have a strong social media presence and are prepared to be proactive in the crowdfunding campaign in the autumn.
15 will be established authors and the other 15 will be new writers chosen from the applications.
Submissions are open to writers aged 18 and over.
Entries must not have been published or self-published in print or online.
Stories must be written in English, a maximum of 2,500 words and entirely your own work.
Simultaneous submissions are allowed but you must inform us immediately should your story be published elsewhere.
There is no theme. Stories may be on any subject, in any genre but must be prose (flash fiction or short story). No poetry, essays or collections of words written the wrong way on torn paper.
• familiarise yourself with our books
• join our mailing list for updates, become part of the Inkandescent network
• connect with us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
• write your story, use Times font, 12pt, black, double line spaced
• save your story as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) – the file name should be the title of your story
• remember to include your name and contact details in both your story document and within the body of your email
• send your story to us by 12 midnight (UK time) on 31st July
• include a short statement telling us why you identify as an 'outsider' (up to 300 words)
• send us a short biography (up to 200 words)
• selected authors will be notified in early September
• selected authors will receive a fee of £100 on publication (2021)Read More